It is good news for tax payers of Bangalore because property tax online payment facility is now offered by BBMP. The tax payer can pay their Property Tax Online by visiting the official website www.BBMP.gov.in.
Screen shot of www.bbmp.gov.in website
Either in full payment or in two equal installments, property tax can be paid by you. If your property tax amount is less than Rs. 1,000, then you can pay in cash but if your tax is more than1, 000, then you can pay it by Cheque or Demand Draft drawn in the favor of the Commissioner, Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike. If you have any problems with regard to the payment or receipt generation, then you can call BBMP helpline numbers.
BBMP stands for Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike which is responsible for the public and infrastructural assets of the city of Bangalore, India. In 2007, merging 100 wards of the erstwhile Bangalore Mahanagara Palike, along with 7 City Municipal Councils (CMC) (Rajarajeshwari, Dasarahalli, Bommanahalli, Krishnarajapuram, Mahadevapura, Byatarayanapura and Yelahanka), one Town Municipal Council (Kengeri) and 111 villages around Bangalore formed BBMP.
The third level of government is represented by BBMP, (the Central government and State Government being the first two levels). A city council runs Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. Elected representatives, called “corporators” are comprised by the city council, one from each of the wards (localities) of the city. Once every 5 years, Elections to the council are held. On 28 th March 2010, first elections to the newly-created body was held, after the delays due to delimitation of wards and finalizing voter lists.
Pay property Tax online
You can pay your property tax 2009-10 and for property tax 2010-11, if your property tax for 2008-09 have been paid and filed by you. The card users who want to make online payment, there is no transaction charges. You can fill up the form online and make an online payment or download the form, print it, and submit it at the nearest ARO office on the same day. If the details of the previous year (2008-09) payment are available online then paying property tax online for the year 2009-10 is possible and for the year 2010-11, if the details of last two years (2008-09 and 2009-10) are available online.
Select the form, from the property tax online payment page. There are two different forms one is Form IV (white form) and the other is Form V (blue form).
Form IV (white form)
If there is no change either in the extent of built up area, usage (residential to non-residential or vice versa) or its occupancy (owner occupied to tenanted or vice-versa), or category from the Return filed in the previous year, then the property owners should file Form IV (White form).
Form V (blue form)
The property owners who have made changes either in the extent of built up area, usage (residential to non-residential or vice versa) or its occupancy (owner occupied to tenanted or vice-versa), or change in category or vacant land to new completed construction from the Return filed in the previous year should file Form V (Blue form).
Process to make Online Payment
- You should have the PID number and the application number for tax paid for the year 2008-09 in order to make the online payment.
- You will have to visit BBMP website www.bbmp.gov.in, if you want to make online payment or take a print of the filled in application form. On the left side under the heading category of Citizen Services, “online property tax payment” is given, click on it. You will be taken to BBMP property tax page or you can directly go to http://sasbbmp.com/.
- The Form which is applicable to you is needed to select by you from the property tax online payment page.
- Form IV (white form)
- Form V (blue form)
- If form applicable to you is Form IV, then click on File Form IV (2009-10) for property tax 2009-10 and File Form IV (2010-11) for current year property tax 2010-11.
- For making payment select Payment Type. You can pay either in full (for full year) or half yearly payment (First Half / Second Half). Choose the appropriate button.
- Fill up appropriate columns accordingly like change in usage or extent like built up area etc. in the applicable columns, if Form V is chosen by you.
- Your PIN number issued by your bank for making online payment can be used if you want to pay property tax online after filling up the details for property tax. You will have to select the option “Fill the form and pay at BBMP Help Centre”, if you do not have card enabled by VBV (verified by VISA) OR VBM (verified by MASTER). Save and take a print of the filled in application form and submit the same at the Help Center on the same day after you complete the entry of payment details like cheque / DD number, MICR , amount and date of instrument.
You need to remember following:
- BBMP Help Center: Problems with regard to the payment or receipt generation can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org you can also call the numbers - 22247627, 22133029.
- April 30: Last date for paying full installment of property tax 2010-11 to avail rebate of five per cent.
- May 30: The deadline for the first half yearly payment. Those who pay tax after this date will have to pay a penalty of two percent every month.
- November 29: The deadline for the second half yearly payment of property tax 2010-11.