Www.EFTPS.gov is a website where you can pay Federal Taxes online. This is a secure way to pay Federal taxes through this website. Electronic Federal Tax Payment System is abbreviating as EFTPS. EFTPS is a tax payment system provided free by the U.S. Department of Treasury. The service of paying federal taxes through the Internet or phone is for 24/7.
By using EFTPS, Businesses and Individuals can pay all their federal taxes. Individuals can make payments on the basis of weekly, monthly, or quarterly. Both can make payment scheduled in advance.
Presently, there are more than 9.5 million taxpayer enrolled their name in this system. In the year 1996, EFTPS was established. There have been over 901 million electronic payments made, totaling over $20 trillion!
The facts of EFTPS are...
- Easy to Use
- Helps Reduce Penalties
A Secure Government Web Site
This website is a secure government web site because it uses the highest level of security available. In order to access the site, Enroller must have a secure Internet browser with 128-bit encryption. Every user must remember three pieces of unique information like Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN or SSN), EFTPS Personal Identification Number (PIN) and an Internet Password which is only known by the user. These three pieces of identification will be added to the security of the site and the privacy of taxpayer data so that the data of users remains safe and secure.
Useful things at Your Fingertips:
You can make payments through this website, a voice response system, or special channels designed for tax professionals, payroll services, and financial institutions.
EFTPS is offered quick, secure, and accurate services by phone or online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can schedule a business payment up to 120 days in advance or an individual payment up to 365 days in advance.
Following is the process to access your account:
STEP 1: Enroll online
To get started, you will need the following:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (your Employer Identification Number if you're enrolling as a business or your Social Security Number if you're enrolling as an individual).
- Banking account number and routing number.
- Address and name as they appear on your IRS tax documents.
Then, simply follow these instructions:
- Select "Enrollment."
- Select "Business," or "Individual," or "Federal Agency."
- Enter the requested information.
In seven business days, you will receive your PIN in the mail.
STEP 2: Get your password
After receiving your PIN, call 1.800.982.3526 to get a temporary Internet password.
STEP 3: Make your payment
- Go to www.eftps.gov and select "Make a Payment."
- Log in with your EIN/SSN, PIN, and Internet password.
- Note: The first time you make a payment you will be prompted to change the temporary password you received.
- Enter the payment information in the step-by-step screens.
- When you're finished, save a copy of the Payment Confirmation page. This contains your EFT Acknowledgment Number that acts as a receipt for your payment instruction.
The convenience and flexibility of making your tax payments is offered by EFTPS with the use of the Internet or phone. You access EFTPS directly to report your tax information by 8:00 p.m. (ET) at least one calendar day in advance of the due date. You will instruct EFTPS to move the funds from your account to the Treasury's account for payment of your federal taxes. Funds will not move from your account until the date you indicate. You receive an immediate acknowledgement of your payment instructions, and your bank statement will confirm the payment was made. Up to 120 days, Businesses can schedule payments in advance of their tax due date. And for Individuals, payments can be scheduled up to 365 days in advance of their tax due date. Scheduled payments can be changed or cancelled up to 2 business days in advance of the scheduled payment date.
To use EFTPS you must first enroll. To enroll, or for more information online, visit EFTPS or to receive an enrollment form, call EFTPS Customer Service:
- 1-800-555-4477 (for business payments)
- 1-800-316-6541 (for individual payments)
- 1-800-733-4829 (TDD Hearing-Impaired)
- 1-800-244-4829 (Español)
- 1-800-555-8778 (EFTPS Internet)
- 1-800-945-0966 (for Batch Provider payments)