Sixth Central Pay Commission Government of India 6th Pay Commissions
NEW DELHI: The Union Cabinet improved the recommendations of the Sixth Committee of remuneration on Thursday, coming with a please-final award, and in the process, giving the ruling coalition an important point of talk with nearly 40 lakh organized voice and government employees who were sullen with it for inflation and rising interest rates. (Watch)
The salary increase would be effective from January 1, 2006, but to save the Treasury of charge sudden, arrears of 32 months would be paid in two parts - 40% during the current year and the remaining 60% in 2009 -10. The initial report had proposed a liberal regime of quotas, which in some cases, four were raised. The allowances will be paid after the fact, with effect from September 1. The windfall will be the culmination of PM Manmohan Singh Independence Day discourse.
6th pay commission report news
"The financial implications in 2008-09 because of the implementation would be around Rs 15700 crore from the central budget and Rs 6400 crore on the budget of railways," expenditure secretary Sushma Nath said. These figures do not account for 60% of arrears to be paid during the next year.
The final package represents a 21% increase compared to what the remuneration committee has recommended, a sign that political considerations have shaped the May decision by the government, which this year's budget, cited concerns about increasing the budget deficit to avoid pressure on the exchequer. The magnitude of the upgrade suggests that the Government has not left his concern about inflationary pressures ahead on the path of its efforts to build bridges with the influential section organized in preparation to the polls.
Cabinet approves pay commission report
The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved recommendations of Sixth Pay Commission. The pay panel recommendations will come into effect from January 1, 2006.
Arrears will be paid in cash in two instalments, 40 per cent will be paid this year and the rest next year.
Now, minimum basic pay of a government employee has been raised to Rs 7000.
All the details of new approval are available at http://pib.nic.in/archieve/others/2008/aug/r2008081405cab.pdf and/or at http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=41333
Original report is available at at http://www.india.gov.in/govt/paycommission.php.