Yamaha, Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer, has planned to introduce Yamaha Neo 50cc Scooter in India in Auto Expo 2010 at New Delhi. Yamaha Neo 50cc Scooter is totally restored by using substitute parts. Yamaha Neo 50cc will be appeared in elegant urban style that has twin headlights to light your way and stylish alloy wheels. Yamaha Neo 50cc will be available across preferred dealers in India soon as well as other two models 115cc Fino and 135cc Spark.
Yamaha Neo looks very stylish in its elegant bodywork and with twin-eye headlights and orange backlit LCD instrument panel. Now, Yamaha competes with other major players in the helix of 50 to 135cc range segment like Honda’s Aviator, Dio, Activa and TVS’s Scooty pep. In short time, the first creation will come out on the road that competes with Hero Honda pleasure, TVS Scooty and Activa which are veterans in the non-male bike segment. Yamaha will spotlight on style, power and trend besides the pricing.
2011 Neo of Yamaha is designed in the form of a light 50cc scooter for urban mobility that represents an easy, valuable way around a city. The Neo scooter will feature 12" alloy wheels, a 190mm front disc brake, with electric start and fully automatic transmission. The Yamaha Neo 50cc Scooter information is officially not declared yet.
Its practical features include the comfy dual seat; spacious underseat helmet box and luggage hook which make every ride graceful enjoyment. Neo is lightweight and compact frame scooter that can be easy to handle as its 2-stroke, 50cc engine provides quiet, refined performance being it economical.
India Yamaha Motor National Business Head, Pankaj Dubey said, “We are studying the market to enter the scooter segment, but we have not finalised the product line yet. However, one thing is sure that we will launch scooters in India.” He added that the feasibility study is mostly focusing on the model to be introduced and possible Time To Market of the product in the country.
Pankaj Dubey said, “We are evaluating whether a model from our existing global scooter portfolio will be launched here or a completely new product will be developed for the Indian market.”
Yamaha Neo 50cc Scooter Specs:
- Model: Yamaha Neos
- Category: Scooter
- Engine and transmission:
- Displacement: 49.20 ccm (3.00 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Single cylinder, two-stroke
- Power: 2.80 HP (2.0 kW)) @ 6750 RPM
- Torque: 2.98 Nm (0.3 kgf-m or 2.2 ft.lbs) @ 6500 RPM
- Compression: 10.7:1
- Bore x stroke: 40.0 x 39.2 mm (1.6 x 1.5 inches)
- Ignition: CDI
- Lubrication system: Separate lubrification
- Cooling system: Air
- Gearbox: Automatic
- Transmission type, final drive: Belt
- Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels:
- Front suspension: Telescopic fork
- Rear suspension: Unit swing
- Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-12
- Rear tyre dimensions: 130/70-12
- Front brakes: Single disc
- Front brakes diameter: 190 mm (7.5 inches)
- Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake)
- Rear brakes diameter: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
- Physical measures and capacities:
- Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 88.0 kg (194.0 pounds)
- Seat height: 790 mm (31.1 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Overall height: 1,118 mm (44.0 inches)
- Overall length: 1,840 mm (72.4 inches)
- Overall width: 663 mm (26.1 inches)
- Ground clearance: 146 mm (5.7 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1,275 mm (50.2 inches)
- Fuel capacity: 6.10 litres (1.61 gallons)
- Other specifications:
- Starter: Electric & kick
- Color options: Black, white, gray
Yamaha Neo 50cc Scooter pics: